View Single Post
Old 7th June 2012, 07:39 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
I appologise on all 3 accounts but this doesnt change my opinion what-so-ever.
I was led to believe it was an Alien prequal by Mr Scott himself despite all his question dodging and tongue twisting, and he did not deliver the good's.
Yes, it was enourmasly fun that we got to find the history of the Space Jokey but jog on, I wanted to find out where the Xenomorph's originated.
I'll still go and see any sequal that anyone chuck's out there.
After the aliens vs predator movies and alien ressurection (both dreadful, worthless pieces of trash with no merit) I'm a bit more choosy these days. Certainly I'll avoid anything that even threatens anything as idiotic as the 'predalien'.

Anyhoo back to topic.

Last night I watched..

FURY. Canadian noir crime thriller with Sam jackson. A conman gets released from prison after serving 25 years for murder only to find himself being drawn back in to a life of crime by the son of the man he killed. Features a twist nicked entirely from a certain notorious and brilliant korean movie the film may prove a little to slow for modern audiences but I enjoyed it. Also a great performance from Tom wilkinson as an evil crime boss.

SHAME. I've always found it tough to empathise with people who claim to be sex addicts, maybe because its always been an uphill struggle for me to get some action but people whose main problem is getting far too much sex has never elicited the same sympathy as drug addiction. Shame probably comes as close as anything to reversing that opinion, especially thanks to the brave and billiant central performance from michael fassbender. Its a bleak and harrowing film that manages to suggest a lot about the character while saying very little. More enjoyable than I eexpected.