Thread: The Raid (2011)
View Single Post
Old 13th June 2012, 02:22 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongfeihung62 View Post
I don't know if it was just me but I was a bit dissapointed with the movie. Maybe it was all the hype it received. Don't get me wrong , I enjoyed it, but maybe I am a bit jaded now having seen thousands of Asian action movies over the last 3 decades.
Only my opinion though and I hope lots of people go to see this and it does great box-office.
That's understandable.. That is the same reaction that I would get seeing the newest Jackie Chan/Jet Li movie that have come out in the last 10 yrs or so except for Forbidden Kingdom.. I like that movie because it is a fantasy Martial arts movie, which is about the only thing I can tolerate when it comes to Martial Arts Movie this day... This movie though, is refreshing/and a bliss from the heavens because of two things: Iko Uwais/Gareth Evans=Silat=my hard earned money= AWESOME!!!!

I don't know about you guys but I think I am a little kung fued out!!!! I'm exhausted/ I need a break believe me I have every Dragon Dynasty/Tokyo Shock Shaw bros title.. Eventually I will get back to the Kung Fu crazed again...