View Single Post
Old 15th June 2012, 06:55 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
I will admit that I have little knowledge, understanding or interest in politics, but I have always found it incredibly ironic that the original Paul Wegener version of 'Der Golum' (1920), which was made in Germany with a German cast and crew, was stoutly pro-Jew

"In 16th-century Prague, a Jewish rabbi creates a giant creature from clay, called the Golem, and using sorcery, brings the creature to life in order to protect the Jews of Prague from persecution." - IMDB synopsis
That's not entirely surprising as anti-Semitism was only prominent in several German films, all commissioned (if not made) by Joseph Goebbels and the Ministry for Popular Enlightenment and Propaganda.

I can't think of a single film made before the Nazi party took power which had overtones (or even undertones) as anti-Semitism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
I havent heard of any of those Nazi films
Do yourself a favour and, aside from reading the Wikipedia articles the titles link to, don't investigate any further. I don't think you can buy those two I mentioned as I had to borrow them specially from Newcastle Uni's video library, where they were ordered for academic purposes and came with strong warnings!