View Single Post
Old 18th June 2012, 07:27 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
There is a short dance routine in there I seem to remember but it's functional.
Functional dancing... Is there such a thing?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Btw I wish someone would restore this film properly.

"The 1953 Turkish film Dracula in Istanbul was the first to link historical Vlad with fictional Dracula: it was also the first since 1922's Nosferatu to show the Count with fangs."

"Drakula İstanbul'da (Dracula in Istanbul) is a Turkish 1953 film version of Bram Stoker's original novel Dracula.

The screenplay was based on a 1928 novel by Ali Riza Seyfi called Kazıklı Voyvoda ( "Impaler Voivode"), and is more or less a translation of Stoker's novel, but there is no Renfield character and Güzin, the "Mina" character, is a showgirl given to performing in revealing outfits. Drakula/Dracula is played by balding Atif Kaptan. Both the novel and the film make an explicit connection with the historical Vlad the Impaler, the Prince and three-time Voivode of Wallachia."

"This was only the third film version of the novel"
I've had a quick look on Youtube and it does look interesting. Completely agree with you on the restoration issue; the quality is pretty shocking.

However, it's still watchable and has English subs, so that's all I need to be able to watch it! Tonight's viewing is now sorted