View Single Post
Old 26th June 2012, 07:24 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Ooo-er! That sounds a bit rude!!

Anyway, back to the main topic of this thread

Curse you, charity shops in Reading (again). Yesterday, I came home with the following:

'Day of the Dead' - 2008 version - £2.00. [Yes, I know it's awful, but I thought I should replace my downloaded copy!]
'District 13' - £2.00. [I know nothing about this film, but my landlady's son was asking if I had a copy, so I really got it for him]
'The Good, The Bad, The Weird' - 2 disc version - £2.50. [It's supposed to be good, bad and weird!]
'Hatchet' - £2.00. [Thoroughly enjoyed part 2, so I'm hoping this is just as entertaining]
'King of New York' - original "pre-white cover Arrow version" - £1.50. [Only really got it because it's an Arrow release]
'Satan' (aka 'Sheitan') - 2 disc version - £2.00. [I know nothing about this film either, but the synopsis looked entertaining. However, a quick view of the trailer suggests that it might end up back at the charity shops after I have watched it!]
'A Serbian Film' - £2.00. [I just want to know what all the controversy is about]
'Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains The Same' - 2 disc version - £4.99. [I already have the single disc edition, but what kind of rocker would I be if I turned down the chance to get the special edition?]
'WWE Survivor Series 2005' - £2.00. [18 certificate. Ric Flair vs. HHH in a 'last man standing' match. The blood WILL flow!]

I'm one of the few people in existence that actually likes the Day of the dead remake. In fairness it bares no resembelance to the romero film whatsoever and plays more like an incredibly cheesy straight-to-dvd zombie film. Personally I find it a lot of fun.

I also thought satan was good as well, vincent cassell is totally nuts and over the top through the movie. It's very strange but thats why I liked it!