View Single Post
Old 28th June 2012, 07:39 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
And what major (or minor) problems have Obsession, Maniac Cop, Red Scorpion, Vamp, and The Funhouse had? Bit of an exaggeration saying every BD has had problems.

I apologise if there have been some great releases that I've missed and sorry if all of you in here are singing from the same hymn sheet in praise of Arrow and I am "nitpicking" on minor issues.

I have obviously been very unfortunate in that the first 4 blu-rays I have decided to buy from Arrow have ALL had major problems.

Demons - posters no posters comics no comics nothing something fits doesn't fit ? The fiasco and contradictory statements by Arrow themselves are in this very forum to read.

king of new york
- alien glue problem ,
- terrible sound mixing on the 5.1 channel option , sounds like cats screeching with tin cans and the background noise is overwhelming.
Had to send it back.

House by The Cemetery
- no soft option subtitles , the only way you can get a translation of the Italian used at the beginning and end of the film is by leaving the damn subtitle son all the way through.
- the wrong dvd fiasco with some people having a disc of "special features" of some of the worst sub you tube quality trailers I have ever seen and others receiving a wrong disc of the standard definition version of the movie.

The Beyond
- Fiasco (and the three month wait for Arrow to acknowledge receipt of the returned faulty dics and send out the "slightly" improved yet still defective replacement copy)

That's enough for me , I wish the company luck as they have decided to release some cult classics that major distributors turn their noses up at but I will not be buying any more Arrow products - 4 out of 4 bad eggs is too much for me.
I don't think the cult low budget film angle is a viable excuse for selling cheap quality inferior products with poor production, major distribution errors and no quality control checks.

I have never had issues with this with any other distributing company, even the absolutely awful Optimum Entertainment UK arm of Canal Studio has a better track record in my purchases than 0/4.