View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2012, 11:22 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The Pumaman - 1980 Italy d:Alberto de Martino

Whilst notorious as one of the worst films ever made, I found it very hard to see it as such. It is a mess, for sure with a terrible script and special effects awful even by the standards of the day, but the film is a pleasure to watch and exudes heart and fun. For me a truly bad film becomes a slog to get through and usually makes me angry. This did neither. It's all a load of silly, camp fun that perhaps needs to be viewed as if a young child. I have seen many far worse film experiences than this. A lot of the TV shows I remember enjoying when very young look a lot like this film when seen now.

Attack The Block - 2011 UK d: Joe Cornish

A revisit, this time on Blu-ray. One of the best British films of the last five or so years, in my book. Brilliantly written, superbly performed, paced beautifully, great action scene and really funny. Also deeper themes run throughout, expressed superbly. Unmissable. Bears up to repeated viewing.

The Thin Blue Line - 1988 USA d: Errol Morris.

A masterpiece of documentary film-making. A powerful investigation into a crime, expertly shown by a master documentarian. Got the case reopened and a man saved from Death Row. Says it all really.