View Single Post
Old 6th July 2012, 08:30 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Forum chatter seems to be increasing as we approach the 30th Anniversary. This little tidbit is certainly interesting:

Quote:
Someone made a post on AV Maniacs yesterday that said this: "It seems that Paramount is currently working on an HD master of this film..." I discounted this since it was April Fool's Day, but on the off chance it was true, I emailed the guy to ask him if he was being serious, or pulling a prank.

Here's what he told me: "No it isn't a joke, a FaceBook friend of mine who is working for dvd companies posted last week on his FB wall the news that Paramount has a new HD master for the film, so i guess that this year a dvd or Blu Ray will be released."
THE KEEP (1983) Might Be Coming To DVD

Quote:
I remember way back in the day when Fangoria listed The Keep on their “DVD Chopping List”. Paramount was supposed to release it, but it never happened. Lately, there has been talk of a possible 30th Anniversary edition on both DVD and Blu-ray, and two distributor names have marched to the front of the line: Criterion and Olive Films. There has been a huge push from companies to go after 80′s horror films, and Olive Films, along with Shout! Factory, have been raking in the dough with their acquisitions.
Again, this is just speculation on message boards and nothing is set in stone. Are the ducks lining up for Michael Mann’s much maligned film to come out so fans can put their VHS copies to rest? We can’t just go off a “reliable source”; we have to have an official press release. Only time will tell, I guess.
Rumor: Is Michael Mann’s The Keep finally coming to DVD and Blu-ray? | KillerFilm