View Single Post
Old 17th July 2012, 11:48 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Just thought I'd point out that not only have Newcastle's HMV clearly got a new batch of Shameless dvd's in (their horror section awash in a sea of yellow) but they've also put up a display of Shameless dvd's at the end of one of the aisles, along with a banner with the Shameless logo (they've also done ones for ArrowDrome and BFI). Nice to see them recognising genre labels and what makes it even better is that it's just where the general dvds are (ie, not the horror section) so right in the middle of the floor is an eye-catchingly bright yellow display with loads of covers featuring semi-nude women and such! I was half-tempted to take a picture.

Cheap(ish) prices too - £7/£8 per dvd (They had The Funhouse on bluray for £11 too! - my local HMV really does have its moments)
i am responsible for that very display - as dvd sales decline we are trying to be clever in exploiting niche markets and it has sold really well since we put it in - i take perverse pleasure whenever a yellow spined shameless release is scanned through the till - there is now another sexploits display up the step near horror of other (slightly corny) 70's cult films , nun & the devil in particular has sold well - pleased that we can satiate the needs of the discerning film buyer .. plenty out there it seems -