View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2012, 12:15 AM
Cultist

Last night I watched... 'The Theatre Bizarre', and must say I really enjoyed this.
I've bought and watched a whole lot of indie stuff recently and most of it has been quite forgettable but this is one of the best things I've seen this year...

Comprised of 6 short films, linked by sort of a 7th, involving a young woman who sneaks inside what appears to be an abandoned theatre, where she meets her host (played by Udo Kier) who, between some very strange segments, introduces her to the six bizarre tales...

Directors include Buddy Giovinazzo, Karim Hussain and Tom Savini and although I thought all the films were very good in their own right, the two stand out ones for me were 'Mother of Toads' directed by 'Richard Stanley' which is about a couple, travelling in the Pyrenees mountains, who cross paths with a lustful witch, played by 'Catriona MacColl' and the other one being 'The Accident' directed by 'Douglas Buck' which is about a mother trying to help her daughter to make sense of a tragic motorcycle accident.
I thought this one was so good that I watched it 3 times!

I'm not going to give anything away with regards these two (or the other four for that matter) so as not to spoil it for anyone but if you haven't heard of the Theatre Bizarre, by all means look it up for further info...
I highly recommend you give this a watch if you get the chance...

Right now though, I'm about to watch the BD of 'Dark Night of the Scarecrow'.