View Single Post
Old 9th August 2012, 12:57 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Indeed. People really were put in jail for dealing in these films, as ridiculous as it sounds now - especially since most of the films are now legally available uncut. I hate the term, it's an embarrassing moment in UK censorship history and all those involved should feel ashamed of themselves for being so stupid.
I agree with you
The media and politicians had to think of some dumb title so (I think it was a Daily Mail dickhead journalist- no suprises it was that paper) who coined the phrase but everybody jumped onto the bandwagon and scared the public shitless as to anybody who watched a 'video nasty'would be possessed into killing or whatever...madness
I've got an excellent book by John Martin SEDUCTION OF THE GULLIBLE and that title sums it up really
The media, politicians et al made the public aka the gullible into thinking that these films were evil and a threat to society
Unfortunately that term 'video nasty' will not go away with horror mags, internet reviews etc still giving these films the same label