View Single Post
Old 17th August 2012, 03:02 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invid Ninja View Post
Here's a few things I've seen recently, not much due to being ill and sorting out university stuff. UCAS is pure evil.

Friday The 13th 1,2 and 3 - Got to love US Netflix and it's stable selection of slasher fun. Everyone on here has seen them I'm sure, at a push though I enjoyed the first one the most.

Queen Millennia - Now for something I'm sure noone here has heard of. A fairly obscure 1982 Japanese animated space opera from designer Leiji Matsumoto (Space Battleship Yamato, Galaxy Express 999) following the exploits of a thousand year old alien queen defending Earth against an imminent invasion from her own dying planet. Absolutely bonkers conceptually but filled with surreal, occasionally haunting imagery and a masterful new age synth core from Kitaro. Highly entertaining space opera cheese. Not available on DVD sadly but it can be found here: Download Shin Taketori Monogatari: 1000-nen Joou | Queen Millennia Movie [Henshin-BOX] torrent - BakaBT

Thinking of having a Nicholas Roeg marathon on Blu next starting with Walkabout if I can get the time.
Many, many thanks for the queen millenia link, i've wanted to see this for ages. Big fan of leiji matsumoto for starblazers, gun frontier and the awsome ARCADIA OF MY YOUTH (my personal favouirite).