View Single Post
Old 21st August 2012, 06:44 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
The Saboteur 2009 (again!)

Underrated (imho) open world game in the vain of GTA (with a touch of Assassin's Creed) but set during World War II in German-occupied France.

If you just blast your way through the missions I guess it will seem very average, but if you take the stealth route (kill a Nazi, steal his uniform, sneak into a base and out again after you complete your mission) it's very rewarding and great fun.

It can get repetitive after a while, esp if you're gonna try and blow up everything in the game outside of missions but there is still fun to be had shooting or blowing Nazi stuff up and then legging it before back up comes to investigate.

There's also a nice touch, were the game starts out in black and white, but the more missions you do or areas you clear, the colour returns.

For the price you can pick it up for now, if you like the sound of it, get it.

I personally enjoyed it more than Just case 2, GTA IV or Saints Row 3, I couldn't be bothered to finish those, yet I'm playing this a second time!

It's a shame EA closed down the studio behind it, as you get a sense it could have been even more special, but EA clearly rushed the game out in the end.
A great game and Sean Devlin is a great main character. The Black and White look to the occupied areas is a great touch.