Thread: Show Us Yours!
View Single Post
Old 25th August 2012, 11:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
LOL! I'm sorry.. haha.. It was 3 dollars then and also I'm curious about the Ernest movies. I've never watched any of them.
Nothing wrong with a bit of Ernest P. Worrell imo and i have all three of his BR adventures including both seperate and double-bill editions. He's America's answer to Frank Spencer imo. A well-meaning but bumbling buffoon and it's a shame the man behind the character, Jim Varney is no longer with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Have you seen Rosemary's Baby before? I've had that DVD for years and, as one of my favourite movies.
I purchased my DVD of RB for £3 from HMV years ago and as usual it's still sealed!

Quote:
Here are a few photos of my collection of The Exorcist 'bits and bobs', from the soundtrack LP to the Japanese laserdisc, a small custom framed poster (I also have a custom framed theatrical release poster on my wall), DVDs and BDs of the different versions, CD soundtrack, Senitype film frame with enlargement, VHS, 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Deluxe VHS set, Special Limited Edition Box Set (VHS, still shrink-wrapped), motorised model, screenplay, BFI companion and the novel.

As you can see, my Exorcist 'obsession' is not just limited to watching the film nearly a dozen times a year!

The power of Christ compels me from spending so much on Friedkin's horror hit as i'm not that big a fan of the film. It's a watchable and enjoyable effort imo but i'm happy to stick with the DVD and BR releases. I also own the old LD edition and the odd book on TE but that's about it for me.

I don't believe Bob McCabe's late '90s tome The Exorcist:Out Of The Shadows is evident in your collection so maybe that's another Pazuzu-themed item for you to track down sooner or later?

Quote:
Although DVDs and BDs (plus other film related purchases) are my only vice as I don't go out much, don't smoke, don't drink etc, I think I overcompensate and should really just concentrate on 'essentials', but deciding what they are is extremely tough!
Good God you sound so much like me!