View Single Post
Old 4th September 2012, 02:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
The Star Trek comparison i'm not so sure about, i feel the original series stands up a lot better than TNG as far as being dated goes.
OK, maybe I should have said "back when STTNG" was new But content-wise, I still consider STTNG a masterpiece, well, excluding season 1 and maybe the first half of season 2 - it really grew in quality and the acting was great, especially Picard and Data!

Back to Doctor Who, I was drawn to it back in the early days of cable TV in Berlin and I found one station, which had English stuff, which made me very happy, as I had found my passion language in English a while back and I devoured it as much as I could (tough were the drinking nights with British soldiers ) and they had the Tom Baker episodes and I fell in love with it. And when the new start was shown on German TV, I remembered the series well and gave it a go, loved it completely, but was annoyed by the dub, so I turned towards the original and can say I have all released seasons on DVD (1-4) and BD (5 and 6) and will continue with BD... I have become such a fanboy that I even have the Nintendo wii controller in form of the Sonic Screwdriver, a toy Sonic Screwdriver as well and the recently released programmable remote control in that same shape is on it's way to me. A Tardis with sound is also standing at my flat...