View Single Post
Old 8th September 2012, 06:32 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
AMERICAN PIE: REUNION.

Don't judge!

I like the origional american pie, I thought it had a nice Porky's vibe to it and a great script to boot, I thought 2 and 3 were a case of diminishing returns and I never bothered with the straight-to-dvd 'sequels' that came out minus the origional cast (bar eugene levy)

This one is probably about as good as parts 2 and 3. It made me feel old watching it (i was 19 when the origional hit cinemas) but it also made me laugh enough to rate it as a comedy. I doubt it'll ever make any of my best of lists but compared to some of the tripe i've seen lately masquerading as comedy it's certainly decent enough.

Also some good news for me, the dukes in lancaster will be showing Berberian sound studio in october... Definately going to see that one!
Tbh i tend to find most omedies these days utter rubbish and just not funny. ted had a few chuckle moments but now special a lot of comedies i avoid even the trailers look shite. stwp brothers eg total pants. i like American pie reunion thats how comedies should be made even the opening scene had me in stitches. rest of the film was pretty funny. total agree with any after 3rd avoided them all.