View Single Post
Old 9th September 2012, 04:35 PM
Cult Addict

Last boy scout/last man standing.

For about 5.89 this double bill represented good value for money. Last boy scout is one of my favourite Tony scott films and has an excellent screenplay from Shane black. Still as entertaining as ever and with some great one liners the transfer to blu-ray looks good (if a little dark).

Last man standing is a flawed but entertaining remake of yojimbo set in texas during the prohibition era as two rival gangs fight for control of the bootlegging trade fro mexico. In steps bruce willis enigmatic stranger referring to himself as 'john smith from back east' who sets to play both sides against each other and make some cash in the process. Hill throws in the two gun john woo style shoot outs and Ry cooders moody score is brilliant. Theres a few holes in the narrative but I've always found this to be an enjoyable package.

Red scorpion.

Fantastic transfer and great disc. Nice to see an action film where americans are not trying to win the vietnam war single handedly. Joe zito is as reliable a director as ever. Dark angel is still my favourite Dolph lundgren movie though.