View Single Post
Old 20th September 2012, 03:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Attachment 80700

Fantastic bbc ghost story I missed first time around (on account of being 10 years old and not allowed to watch it. ) Doing a bit of tidying around the house and found it in the stacks, decided to stick it on and give it a go.

Albert Finney plays a druncan womanising landlord of an old cambridgshire inn called the Green man, run as a high class (and priced) restaurant. Finney's character enjoys regaling the guests with tales of the ghosts that haunt the inn.

After his father passes away, he begins to realise that there may be more truth to the stories than he first imagined, pretty soon he's communicating with a 17th century cambridge proffessor who may have discovered a way to continue on after death...

The benefit of a 3 episode, 50 minutes an episode series like this is that it gives the story time to devlop properly, add to this the stella cast and Green man is a ghost story well worth checking out.
I remember watching this at the time, I guess my parents were used to me watching Horrors and reading Stephen King books at this point seeing as I was 11 when this aired and they let me watch it. Can't remember a damn thing about it now though!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!