View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2012, 02:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
Time for one last movie before I'm back to staring at four empty walls for another week. No I'm not being sent down, just renting a flat with no internet and no dvd access. Anyway, this time it's -
THE SEVENTH CURSE - A true marvel of HK whackiness. Possibly not as spiritually twisted as the likes of 'The Boxer's Omen', nevertheless a demented ride around the cartoon angles of a cheap fairground of gleefully knocked off movie fragments. This one throws in some rip-off eighties adventure action a la 'Indiana Jones' along with classic prosthetic VHS era horror and gore and follows the ordeal of a doctor who travels to Thailand in an attempt to rid himself of a curse which causes squibs to explode from his veins. The originator of the curse is a mad Phil Oakey lookalike who harbours a weird foetus-ghost "made from the blood of 200 children" and is the leader of a 'worm tribe'. All manner of psychotronic craziness abounds, including a really hard skeleton who mutates into a Ridley Scott type Alien copy and an eruption of worms which must've been stolen from the secret archive of Lucio Fulci.
Yes THE SEVENTH CURSE is one crazy film, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!