View Single Post
Old 5th May 2009, 07:08 PM
Cultist

Some good suggestions there bizarre_eye, and your avatar makes me think that Four Flies on Grey Velvet would have been a good choice had it not just finally been released. How about -

The Case of the Bloody Iris
Demons
A Cat in the Brain
Demonia
Your Vice Is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key

As for Nightmare in a Damaged Brain, I found these quotes on a forum from Code Red, the company who are supposed to be releasing it - "Please call the film NIGHTMARE and not NIGHTMARE IN A DAMAGED BRAIN. That's the non-official title a Uk distributor created for the UK release when he licensed the film for 15 years (ended in 1993)... Just to let you know, my Italian extra guy conducted an interview with Romano Scavolini yesterday, (Romano declined to do a commentary, instead preferred to do a lengthy on camera interiew) he said he filmed over an hour worth of materials, so once we have it subtitled (it was conducted in Italian), which can be a major hassle, we should be able to start finalizing the release."

When I spoke to the director he seemed very proud of the movie so I think he wants a decent release, and since James Ferman retired in 1999, the BBFC have become surprisingly relaxed with many films they had previously banned so I would not rule it out. A featurette would be good to be released with the movie as the Tom Savini scandal was really interesting and then there was the incarceration of David Hamilton Grant for releasing an illegal cut. So guys, if Code Red's release falls through that movie would be perfect for Shameless.