View Single Post
Old 27th September 2012, 10:10 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

You fellas won't believe it - I've watched not one, but two films today! And both of them from the very beginning to the very end. A little but important step forward - at least that's what I hope it is.

Miami Blues. I bought the film because I'm a big fan of Mr Baldwin and an even bigger fan of Mr Ward. Both play pretty ****ed-up characters, and both are highly convincing. "Junior" (Baldwin) is an ex-con, a total loony - and dangerous. Sgt. Moseley (Ward) is a drunk, and has a set of false teeth. You'll also find: quite a few strange characters, action, and hilarious dialogues:
Sergeant Moseley: Your turn to notify the next of kin?
Sergeant Henderson: No way. I did the fat lady that sat on the kid. That's good for two.
Also watch out for JJ Leigh's perky titties - IBA!*
Really entertaining flick with quite a bit of violence - it never drags.
* * * 1/2 out of * * * *

The Crow. That was me revisiting this film for the first time this evening. I liked it when I first watched it - now I love it. Believe me, I don't grant this film any bonus because of its tragic circumstances. No, I simply think that The Crow is one of the finest films of the 90s and one of the best films ever. There's style next to sheer dirt and uglyness. There's violence next to tenderness. It's full of love and hate. It has a great soundtrack. It's beautifully shot. And, what's more - it has fine dialogues spoken by outstanding actors. Ernie Hudson's police officer is full of warmth and noticeable reliability, Brandon Lee is both avenger and poet, and Rochelle Davis is deeply moving as a lonely child on the search for real love - it's very sad that she did not pursue a career in the movie business after this film, as she obviously had lots of talent.
Watch out for Bai Ling's nude bum in the shower - IBA!*
Simply a brilliant movie.
* * * * out of * * * *

Greetings!

PS: Brandon Lee was a great actor and soooo beautiful.... it's such a crying shame he had to leave us so early...
PPS: *IBA = Instant Boner Alert
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MiamiBlues1Sheet.jpg (74.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg The_Crow_Filmposter.jpg (35.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg CB545528948479B2C21982F631ADC.jpg (42.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 1589.jpg (23.3 KB, 1 views)