View Single Post
Old 30th September 2012, 02:47 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Command Performance (2009)

Dolph Lundgren plays a drummer in a rock band who inadvertantly has to fight off a terrorist group and save himself and the Russian president.

What starts out as quite a departure from the norm with these type of films - ie - it has a budget and is well shot, Command performance has a decent opening half hour which sets the scene pretty well giving well rounded introductions to all the characters.

Unfortunately it then descends into a by the numbers action film where everyone creeps around dimly lit corridors and ultimately nothing much happens.

Trackman (2007)

I was looking forward to watching this Russian slasher film. I think the only other Russian horrors i own are the visually impressive Nightwatch / Daywatch films. Just like Command Performance it starts very well with a group of bank robbers escaping from said bank with their hostages with a well thought out virtually fool proof means of escape. So far, so good. Their escape leads them to a deserted underground railway line that is apparently haunted by a survivor from the Chernobyl disaster, who legend has it, slaughters all he meets.

The film is set up excellently then descends into the typical scenario of running round dark passageways and people being murdered in the blackness. The Trackman himself looks quite good but the kills are very uninspiring and not particularly graphic.

By the mid way stage all characterization reverts to type and we no longer give a monkeys about anyone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 220px-Command_Performance.jpg (17.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg trackman_poster2.jpg (63.8 KB, 9 views)