View Single Post
Old 1st October 2012, 10:26 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
I don't think they did specify an exact year however with River apparently able to get in touch with Amy to complete the book then they must have had some idea or lets face it they would only need to check the graveyard records and you would not need to be a genius to trace them back to at least within in a few years.

All they would need to do then is travel to an earlier time and send a letter to the Ponds to meet at a certain future point maybe a few years after they arrived, after all that same method worked out ok for Marty McFly.

To see this as some big ending where they can never return from is quite honestly a huge plot hole which makes no sense at all and it kind of devalues the rest of the episode.

To be honest I have found this series to be a real disappointment with only the first episode being any where near the quality of previous series.

Hopefully things will improve however I hope when the eventual regeneration occurs again that they get an older darker Doctor to give the program a new lease of life.

Personally I have always wanted to see what Bill Nighy could do with the part.
Its a right load of b*****s really isn't it?

Personally i like Matt Smith, but i would also like to see an older Doctor. Give Smith a decent script and he's very good.

Its never going to happen, but given a choice i would like to see a season of Paul McGann as the Doctor set during the Time War. Then we could go back to a slightly older Matt Smith in the next series.