Thread: Red Dwarf
View Single Post
Old 5th October 2012, 07:23 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
According to the Den Of Geek review of Trojan...

"There's a mention of Kochanski at one point (2009's Back to Earth ended with Lister resolving to find her), but even that's given as part of a throwaway joke rather than a nod towards any ongoing storyline."
God, you know what, I totally forgot what happened at the end of BTE. Talk about repression! Lister thinks she's dead but it turns out ultimately that (I think) Kryten lied and she is actually still alive just missing.

Continuity was never Red Dwarf's strong point but I hate how muddled it's all become. The ship is rebuilt in series 8, gets destroyed again, the crew minus New Rebuilt Rimmer go to a mirror universe, then all of a sudden they are back on the original Red Dwarf with (presumably) the old hard light Rimmer who is back from traveling the various dimensions as Ace, with absolutely no explanation given. At the same time, I suspect the jokes would take a backseat if they tried to clean up the continuity so it's something I can live with.

Also, in series 8 the nanobots rebuilt the entire crew, including the original Rimmer. Why didn't they also rebuild Kochanski?

Last edited by PaulD; 5th October 2012 at 07:35 AM.