View Single Post
Old 5th October 2012, 11:40 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

It sounds like we'll be getting the Q1 announcements by the end of October judging from comments made on their Facebook page. They also mention:

Quote:
Most releases next year are region B, invest in a region free player if you can!
I don't know why, but I'm quite excited. They mentioned the move away from the window packaging would free up more cash flow for licenses and we'd see the benefits of those in 2013, and with the most recent set of announcements it feels (to me) like they're moving back in line with what people are requesting most on these boards, so I'm hoping for a nice opening statement of intent from the Q1 announcements.

I probably have completely unrealistic expectations, but in 2013 from Arrow I'd love some more Bava on blu (even Lamberto would do), I wouldn't mind seeing them work with more Universal properties, Slasher films on blu (The Burning is at the top of my list; wouldn't mind the likes of Terror Train, or Sleepaway Camp either), especially from that golden period, it wouldn't feel like an Arrow release schedule without some Italian efforts! As Arrow already confirmed, we know some previous DVD releases are getting upgrades to blu, and I'd LOVE Opera, Sleepless, Silent Night Deadly Night, etc. Those are my hopes for 2013 anyway.