View Single Post
Old 5th October 2012, 06:26 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Oi! Is that a dig at me? Just kidding

You do make an interesting point but ultimately I think it's just about wanting the best that technology can offer. If 3rd generation VHS is the only way to see a film then fair enough. However if a company can bring out an HD release and replicate the original film print as accurately as possible then this is obviously a better way to view the film. We're at the stage now where films like Blood Feast, Cannibal Holocaust and Alien 2: Terror on Earth can be found in excellent HD transfers. If I had the chance to watch Cannibal Holocaust on a grimy VHS or the Shameless bluray I'd go with the latter (although I know some people find watching a poor quality representation of a film like that enhances the experience due to the nostalgic quality) As a result, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the same high standards from other releases. If they fall short then so be it, but these days there's no point in lowering expectations. And I say that as someone who has a fair few Mill Creek sets and enjoys them