View Single Post
Old 6th October 2012, 06:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Yeah, sorry you're right.

I tend to think you're right about Blu being bypassed and casual viewers going with Netflix and other video on demand companies.

I'm not aware of vhs making a comeback over here. Vinyl will never die and is still being produced.
Its all good.

Yeah where I live I dont know anyone that has cable or Sattelite anymore its all Netflix and hulu plus.

VHS tapes are being made as speciality and limited editions to promote films. My friend actual has the VHS of House of the Devil. You can google "vhs the new vinyl" and find a bunch of articles on it.

Even Horrorhound has an extremely succesful series of articles on VHS tapes.

I personally am a collector of all formats. The original statement was that horror fans are not as badass as they once were and get kinda anal about the picture quality. Which I truly standby, Ive had some great dvds that werent the most amazing quality but it gave that old school horror feel that really worked.

Heck one of the most talked about horror films right now is V/H/S and I wouldnt be at all surprised if the do what the Nethrlands did for Paranormal Activity and actually put out VHS copies. Since they will be a lot less the market makes it an instant collectors item similiar to the way Vinyl is marketed.

Heres an interesting little article:

http://theweekender.com/stories/VHS-...w-vinyl,151130