Thread: Red Dwarf
View Single Post
Old 6th October 2012, 11:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default better dead than smeg?

thought the first episode was best one i had seen since end of series six. Although that was'nt difficult , things went down hill after Rob Grant left claiming " he did'nt just want just red dwarf on his tombstone" but to be brutally honest he has'nt blazed any trails since leaving, 3 semi sucessful books and two flop series, remember dark ages and the strangerers anyone?
If the stone roses can get back together I am sure Grant and Naylor can ideally making everything so far been wiped away as characters stuck in a reality bubble. Series seven was rubbish Konchanski went from the feisty claire crogan character a hooray henrietta , she was better left as a memory of Lister's, an unobtainable dream it was more poigniant (cant spell) . Series 7 is a bit of a blur , series 8 however was worse carry on up the red dwarf , the show has never been afraid of a bit filth but series 8 was sex obsessed, the one about kryten's dick been the low point, he served three women for years yet did'nt know what a period was? really? too many characters why resurrect the entire crew ? the end was awful as well Rimmer kicking death in the nuts. Back to earth seemed so embarassed it avoided tieing up the loose ends, what did happen to holly? apparently the rimmer from this point on is the same rimmer who buggered off to be ace rimmer wonder if that'l be explained. Back to earth was a smugfest the whole meet their creators thing has been done to death and all the nods to blade runner weak at least they got rid of Konchanski, i disagree that should get rid of adventure episodes its just those type have been crap since Grant left. Next weeks episode seems to be about a psycho computer has'nt red dwarf done that twice? bring back holly ! hattie or norman.