View Single Post
Old 14th October 2012, 09:02 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I will add the caveat here that it does not trump it by any great leaps and bounds, it looks somewhat sharper and sounds better but the Universal release is still bloody good quality, so anyone expecting a dramatic improvement may have been dissapointed.
The sound is very clearly one of the strong points of the Scream Factory release. Although I couldn't disagree more about the sharpness comment, they're both the exact same transfer of the same print. I don't really see how either can be any sharper than the other. But I guess that's the beauty of a visual medium, especially one on a digital level, there is such a vast array of differences, from players, set ups, calibrations, that lead to varying results. Paint on a canvas ain't got anything on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
You know what? I really like kierarts post right here. He's not confrontational, he makes valid points, and he points to the fact the the previous Uni release is plenty good enough, even if the SF release 'trumps' it slightly. Big thumbs up to keirarts.
I would agree, until his edit. I honestly find the plural slightly galling and inciting. I have not resorted to anything personal, and if anyone believes I have, I would hope they report my post, or pm me about it, rather than lead the conversation away from what is actually being discussed to how it is being discussed (which I realise by replying to such I'm actually doing). I stand by everything I've said and the way in which I've conducted myself.