View Single Post
Old 14th October 2012, 11:54 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
The sound is very clearly one of the strong points of the Scream Factory release. Although I couldn't disagree more about the sharpness comment, they're both the exact same transfer of the same print. I don't really see how either can be any sharper than the other. But I guess that's the beauty of a visual medium, especially one on a digital level, there is such a vast array of differences, from players, set ups, calibrations, that lead to varying results. Paint on a canvas ain't got anything on this.

I would agree, until his edit. I honestly find the plural slightly galling and inciting. I have not resorted to anything personal, and if anyone believes I have, I would hope they report my post, or pm me about it, rather than lead the conversation away from what is actually being discussed to how it is being discussed (which I realise by replying to such I'm actually doing). I stand by everything I've said and the way in which I've conducted myself.
ahem...

It was more in regards to the way it seemed to be heading than any actual stuff written, and no-one was named as it was aimed at the conversation in general. I know it's impossible to judge 'tone' in written conversations but it seemed to me to be getting a little heated and I know people here are passionate about the films we discuss but I've seen the way these things can go on amazon (to the point I even got accused of being an employee of Arrow for trying to say positive things about the company) and honestly the nice thing about cult labs is it rarely seems to stoop to that level.

As for the 'sharpness' debate in regards to halloween 2, well each to their own by I could definatley see more detail in Shout factory's release, and I ran both films through the same Toshiba BDX 1200.