Old 14th October 2012, 12:21 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
TAKEN 2
Olivier Megaton brings all the trappings that made Columbiana and Transporter 3 crap to Taken 2, Neeson is good as usual but the film feels more like a parody of the first film. Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen have written a very lazy run of the mill action film and should be ashamed of themselves. The characters do epically dumb things and the film just comes across as stupid. Nothing compared to the first film.
I saw that at the cinema this week and couldn't believe how poor it was, rather than building on the first film, it was just a predictable, dull and by-the-numbers action movie, with nothing in the way of suspense or excitement. I noticed one scene where it had been adapted/modified for a lower certificate, as Bryan Mills (I think) throws someone so their neck breaks over a pipe and there is absolutely no sound, whether should be a crunch/crack.

Anyway, with a director called Olivier Megatron, what should you realistically expect?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
BLADE RUNNER: THE FINAL CUT
Ridley Scott's Cyberpunk masterpiece is a massive achievement in production design and has a very dreamlike quality. Some wonderful performances from all of the cast especially Rutger Hauer and Harrison Ford.
I currently have the poster on my wall and have been meaning to watch this again for weeks, so I'll have to get the disc and put it somewhere so, when I'm looking for something to watch, it catches my eye and goes in my PS3. Actually, maybe I'll remember and watch it this evening.