View Single Post
Old 14th October 2012, 07:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Yep for me The Exorcist has become a film about the slow destruction of a child which I still find harrowing. I think it's a hugely powerful film... I must say I love the What an excellent day for an exorcism... line. It comes directly from the book. I quoted one of the exchanges between Karras and the Demon, on the blog. Well worth checking out, Blatty's dialogue is fantastic...
That line was my signature on here for awhile, love it.
I read the book at least once a year and have done pretty much every year for the last 21 years since I first read it, even though I know the story off by heart, it's still a harrowing and powerful read and still has me gripped in as much that I usually finish it off in one or two sittings. The copy I have was bought for 75p from a second hand bookshop back in 1991 and it's still holding out!

Edit: Just checked out your blog(great BTW), that is the same cover as my copy although mine is the third or fourth edition
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!