View Single Post
Old 15th October 2012, 12:16 AM
Cult Rookie

Ah yes pixie...Sniff sniff...But that`s yet to come for you. Actually one of the worst era`s was around the `Rabbit` time, she used to annoy the bejezzas out of me. Probably the lowest time on Prisoner is when Marlene ran around trying to break a world record...which was a real overdose of so-called `comic relief`. They ended up trying ballroom dancing (Not a huge spoiler)god it was/is awful and it seemed to spread over a thousand episodes. I do admit when Judy was perving on Georgie in her undies I admired Tracy Mann`s...shape, but the character...ergh. Now as I type this I am watching 635 I think, and Merle is getting real annoying...She`s a comic book tragic with a child`s mentality and she does`nt do a good job of being convincing. Oh and good news, and this is no big shocker or spoiler but I thought you would love this - Meg`s son, Marty (The third person to play him) has just started as an officer and he is pretty much a young,male Meg. Except the women think he`s a `spunk` But yes - Do-gooder, nice guy, righteous all from mum, but more tolerable...so far.

I did`nt know Meg was originally going to be skewered. Her dearly departed was an odd looking guy was`nt he?With the big balding head and T-rex sideburns. None the less - Bill Jackson, We hardly knew ye....

Doreen...Hmm...She really was annoying for the first 150 or so eps. It was the whining..."AWWWW! WHY DO I ALWAYS GET THE BLAME?" "AWWW!, IT`S NOT,BLOODY FAIR!" But then again when Bea escaped and `Door`was now a posh sales lady...that was just odd. Lizzie DID make me laugh when she would smack her lips at the mention of booze, But the Syd era...OH MY GOD I HATED SYD! Yep my number one worst character. "`Ello ladies, Is`nt it a wonderful day?" "Mrs Birdsworth would you do me the honor of walking me to the letterbox?" Oh I loathed his over the top charm and good manners and old fashioned ways... It was SOOO corny! And he...I dunno just something about him i didnt like and I didnt like the story with Lizzie, Too much trying to pull at the heart strings. As mean as it sounds I was glad when he took that extended nap on his couch. And I always thought Bea was kinda hot in the early days, though i am partial to redheads in a major way...But when she got the haircut by Doreen (While Doreen was in the pound mind you)I sorta lost interest. One thing is I reckon...Actually I cant say, tell me when you have watched the episode after the flashback episode...It`s the one Myra narrates, And Lexie just keeps repeating "BLOODY HELL!" over and over. After you watch that let me know and I will give you an opinion on something.

I watched the first few `Angel` eps but jumped ahead to Len Murphy (Awesome) So I did`nt see her get undone, I do remember her squeaky little girl voice and trouble making ways...but I know too many people like that so I found her tedious and not worth following through again on her departure (I did see it in the original days).

One thing to finish is, I watched the original screening in the 80`s when I was like 6 or 7. Back when adults were`nt super protective over children. Anyway the actress who played Powell was doing a TV telethon here and she was in the phone room and me, a 7 year old rang and made a donation and asked to speak to her, she was shocked I watched and kept saying "You`re very young, Are you allowed to watch?" And there was me "Yeah, I watch it with me mum and me dad, I liked it when that blew up and when Bea branded Nola with the iron and..." Haha she was just about speechless...but still really nice.