View Single Post
Old 16th October 2012, 04:48 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie_leigh44 View Post
yeah seems I'm right on your tail. I've been watching them as they've been released here in the UK since my cousin (Scottish mermaid) got my the first box set. its a bitch waiting months between some of the volumes and im now at the end of volume 15... 16 n 17 (November) will have to wait for me to get some money organized... I'm also not a great you tuber.

you're definitely right about escaping into a world of wentworth! - problem is once you start you cant stop, I've lost countless nights of sleep watching these disks straight thru, its one hell of an addiction! can't wait for the next set... in deep amongst the dance marathon (Bev is sadly gone too soon, but Angels doing a good job of stirring...) I'm really enjoying this era, and Bobbie and Marlene aren't really annoying me, unlike most people!

this is my first time watching the show, i saw the odd episode when i was younger but remember nothing except Joan ripping Maxine's posters off her wall and Maxine crying... 20 years later and i still enjoyed that scene... and I'm still not a fan of Maxine!

JL
LOL, yes, it can eat into your time - although luckily I am self-employed and work from home, so I just stick them on in the background while I am working. I used to work for a national broadcaster in what they call "the Duty Office" answering calls and correspondence from viewers (sometimes about this very show), and everyone in the company had a TV on their desk - ever since then I find it really difficult to work if I dont have the TV or video on in the background.

If you enjoyed the Maxine, Freak and poster scene, you will see something similar crop up very soon - in the second half of the series lifespan there were a LOT of repeated or very similar storylines. And the scene to come which is similar to Maxine's poster ripping ALSO features a prisoner who is bloody irritating! (although I don't think Maxine was that annoying, I really liked her).