View Single Post
Old 17th October 2012, 01:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Arrivals in the last two weeks. Die Nibelungen and the Mizoguchi set look slightly out of place amongst all the trash, but it is October and I have committed myself to 31 horror films within it.

The Fog I've had a hankering to re-watch for some time, and Halloween seems the perfect occasion. The Halloween duo and Urban Legend (such a guilty pleasure for me!) are upgrades from my DVDs. I've been looking forward to Rosewood Lane for some time, a shame it only has a DVD release (I keep telling myself I'm giving up on DVDs, but I seem to still keep buying them). I had no interest in Night Of The Bloody Apes, but I'm eager to support a Nucleus release, and it's always nice to tick one more Video Nasty off the list, no matter how arduous some of them are to endure! The two Texas Chainsaw Massacre entries I had no interest in at all, until an interview in the latest issue of The Dark Side magazine seemed to spurn a purchase. Despite just purchasing Macabre recently (Arrow's release) I find myself picking it up again, purely to see what the BU Midnight Movies sets are like (I think I've given up hoping for Blu-ray upgrades to A Blade In The Dark and Shock). What's the betting Arrow decide Macabre is one of those DVD only titles they mentioned are getting an upgrade.