View Single Post
Old 18th October 2012, 09:58 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Saw the Led Zeppelin film? Celebration Day at the cinema last night. Really enjoyed it, I'd already seen some of the footage on youtube so it wasn't entirely new to me. They played really well, especially Jason Bonham who although never going to fill the space left by his late father, really fit in well with Page, Plant and the always excellent Jones and didn't seem like a session drummer at all, even taking backing vocals duties on some songs, Misty Mountain Hop being the best example. I originally thought that Plant would seem like he was just going through the motions, but this wasn't the case at all, he really got into it and looked as though he enjoyed himself (as did the rest of them).
Unfortunately for the first 2 or 3 songs it wasn't loud enough, due to the cinema itself and not the film I expect, but this was soon rectified and the rest of the show was as it should be. The only thing that annoyed me was how loud Page's guitar was during No Quarter because it really did drown out Jonesy's excellent keyboard workout, and his solo in Stairway was far too short!
Overall, a great gig and I'm looking forward to the Blu Ray/CD release in a months time
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!