View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2012, 04:48 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robw285 View Post
I thought i'd put my opinion out there for what it's worth.

I watched it on Saturday and thought the transfer was excellent for it's age, i have to confess to being pretty pissed off when i found out that some digital tinkering had taken place, it immediately threw up memories of the Star Wars films and the E.T. 20 anniversary edition but thankfully my fears were unfounded no such treatment was meted out to this film, the original optical effects are there but they have been given a bit of a digital polish so the inconsistencies in the effects are less noticeable, i suppose when you're restoring a film frame by frame after giving it a 4k scan and transfering it in it's correct frame rate in HD things are going to show up more, if like my generation you first saw it on TV in the early 80's in a washed out print and on a 21" goldfish bowl TV you could get away with a little inconsistency here and there and not too many people are going to notice but now we are watching these films on large HD TV's restored and cleaned up we are going to notice straight away, that coupled with the fact that the people involved with making the film were never happy with the effects and were rushed and unfinished i think in this instance that the tinkering could be forgiven, but i know many will angrily disagree with me but i would urge people to see it before judging.
This is what I've been saying since I saw it at grimmfest!