View Single Post
Old 24th October 2012, 12:25 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Yeah, because The Funhouse and Obsession are in the same league as Evil Dead regarding home video sales

When ABUK first started putting DVD's out it was a very different world than it is now! Yeah, there was a few VHS collectorsd/obsessives, but nothing compared to the disc freaks you get nowadays! Evil Dead is a massive cash cow for Renaissance now, comic books, video games, DVD's, all that shit, so if they're going to re-release (and I fully expect they will, just like in the US - hence that ones region locking) it will be a major release to rake in those collector monies, not a limited Arrow Video one.

AV can't even sell 500 copies of the "revered" ZFE that everybody was supposedly dying for a slipcase version of, so the brand can't be that strong.

And I think you misunderstood my "taking the piss" comment, it just means "you're having a laugh" out here in the flat lands.
Why are you aiming all this at me as if it's my fault that the Evil Dead films are popular?

Whilst ED has a massive fanbase, don't underestimate the popularity of a De Palma film.

And for the record, I was thinking of the AB release of Evil Dead 2 that came out late '98 when ABUS were most certainly a boutique label at that point. Selling cult films is how they got where they are today. Whoever licenses ED2 will pay the same for it regardless, so I'm not sure what your point is. I was simply speculating and you went a bit overboard in your reaction to that as if I was somehow responsible for there being so many versions out there of ED and ED2.

Anyway, it seems Lionsgate are doing ED2, so my speculation was wrong. But, please, don't try and infer that my comments are somehow stupid. That's not nice.