Thread: Video Nasties
View Single Post
Old 24th October 2012, 07:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I don't mind discussing them but I know some members hate the term. Basically the forum is divided into these member types(disclaimer:no offence meant with these categories)
1) Older members that remember the awful times when these films were causing all the trouble(Reaps, Daemonia, MTDS etc)
2) Almost old members(like myself, Paul D, AntMumford etc.)who remember seeing the videos in shops but were too young to see the films and discovered them via The Dark Side in the early 90's
3) Young members, (such as Hawkmonger, Fuzzymctiger etc) who are probably only just discovering these films
4) The members who aren't interested in these films and finally(Pete etc.)
5) The members who talk about Prisoner:Cell Block H etc and aren't usually involved in genre chit chat

That's why I think these films will forever be classed the way they are and discussed to death for many years to come. I understand why our senior member feel anger towards this subject(and probably me now for calling them senior!) because I imagine getting access to these films was expensive and hard back in the day
I am interested in the films, but as 'films' not nasties. (if that makes sense)

I just wish people would let them be free from that awful tag.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter