View Single Post
Old 26th October 2012, 01:51 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I see where you're coming from, from a business perspective it probably makes more sense to release the films in this way than to release separate editions and risk one those formats not selling too well, so for me I think its a good idea if they do it like this, that gives them more opportunities to carry on doing what they're doing.
But from a DVD only buyers perspective, I can see why people are annoyed about paying a bit more for a disc they may or may not use and not having the option of DVD only, I know I wouldn't buy any dual formats if I knew I wouldn't ever watch the BD's
The films in question have all had dvd releases with the same chat tracks so in this case i'm not sure why people would moan about the dual format releases.

If Arrow released them as dvd's i wouldn't get them as i already have them in the two Bava Anchor Bay sets.

A slightly worrying thought - AB in the UK only released the first set, poor sales prevented them from releasing the second set, why will these releases appeal to more people?