View Single Post
Old 26th October 2012, 07:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
OK, but if I was to get the ZFE Blu-Ray from Amazon (current price £13:00), I could not watch it, but if I get the ZFE (DVD) from Amazon (current price £13:00) I can watch it

As I have said elsewhere on the forum, it you (or anyone else) is prepared to buy me a Blu-Ray player, then I will shut up about this, but at the moment, I am not in a position to watch any Blu-Ray films, and I object to buying something that I am unable to enjoy!

Again, not being offensive or confrontational, just stating a fact!
Your facts are contradicting each other though. You're happy to pay exactly the same as a Dual Format release for a DVD only release, but you refuse to 'pay through the nose' for a Dual Format release. I'm bewildered, it doesn't make a lick of sense to me, sorry.

I have no issue with you venting your opinion, but Arrow are a business, it may not make a lot of sense to put out a DVD release on top of the Blu-ray release (especially those films already released on DVD with widespread availability at low prices), and Dual Formats could well be a stop gap solution to attempt to appease those who want DVDs. If they end up stopping the Dual Formats and some releases don't get a DVD release at all, there's no one else to blame but yourselves for not wanting to pay for the added Blu-ray, when they're generally available at the same price as a standalone DVD release might be.

Dual Format releases enable them to manufacture and print more of everything, therefore getting more price breaks per unit (from packaging to disc pressing) and therefore allowing them to put them out at more competitive prices. It may well not be ideal for some DVD only people, but it could very well be that or nothing.