View Single Post
Old 28th October 2012, 06:10 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I disagree 3D will be big once TVs start to become affordable for all.

Passive TVs get rid of the ghosting and headache symptoms of active 3D tvs and also the glasses themselves are around 50p each instead of £50.

Prometheus, Avatar and from what I have heard Titanic really show what 3D can do in the home. Prometheus in 3D looks amazing. Most 3D movies released are post converted so wont look that great but well made 3D flicks can look amazing.

I dont regret spending £24 on Prometheus at all as its worth every penny. Makes 3D tvs finally show their worth.
I have loads of friends who are massive film fans and none of them are interested in 3D. I know that's not representative of everyone but its still interesting.

I've seen a few films at the cinema in 3D (both actual 3D and post-converted) and really hated the experience. I think if i didn't enjoy it in Avatar I'm never going to get on board. I almost feel like I haven't seen Dredd as the 3D irritated me too much and I kept taking off the glasses as I wanted to see the film look a lot brighter. The only time
I remotely enjoyed the 3D was in Jackass because it was used in a gimmicky way and not some lame attempt at a cinematic tool.

If the studios want 3D to take off they really need to deal with the light loss issue that affects 3D movies for a start. People forget that 3D has been around before at least twice and failed both times. I genuinely think most people don't want it.