View Single Post
Old 28th October 2012, 07:56 PM
Cult Rookie

Oh my goodness...Yes the `tough love` episodes for the teens. The story did`nt bother me, though the series itself was crappy in that are for about 20 or so episode, but the girls were fine, except for...Nikki Lennox. That girl could not act! "Hey I am really tough so you better not get me mad or I might bash you" She spoke like she was tough, the sound I mean and the definition of what she was saying, but it was like she was learning to read everytime she spoke! Then in her last scene she just took off. After all the suffering the viewer put up with we did`nt actually find out if she really learn t her lesson. Dont get me wrong, I didnt care, but I figure if you`re going to have all your fingernail extracted by pliers and the person doing it only pulls out nine, you would probably be a bit grateful it`s over, but you still wonder why bother leaving one last one.

"Hello dear, Have you seen young Bobbie? My lord that girl really needs a good kick up the behind" I`m sure you heard ?Minnie saying that.

Now I have gone past Blackmoor, Craven has had his stomach ache and so forth. Joan is running the show ATM and the officers are about to revolt. I watched about...Mmmm...8 episodes back to back yesterday. Sarah West has gone, thank goodness, See her character didnt bother me as much as how others were, like Mervin "Oh I thought you people drank a lot" He didnt say that but did say stupid stuff like it. Pamela Maddigan bothered me more. She was trying to break the stereotype (Good job, nicely dressed, caring, level headed) While at the same time being in a cloud of stereotype (Wanting a can of beer, smoking) Did``nt like her look much either, grey hair and dark skin with too much make up....nah.

I figure I have about just under 20 episodes to go and because i didnt skip ahead like before I am enjoying it more, because I know where the strange faces came from and it makes more sense. But I am glad I stuck with it cos it is getting intensely interesting and when it does finish I know it will be more satisfying than when I watched the last 3 episodes about ten years ago after never seeing anything past 530 or so. And Merle is getting more tolerable every episode, almost likeable. Actually one of the funniest things I have ever seen was her walking around the prison showing the blow up doll where everything was and introducing `him` around. Quite oblivious to the ridiculousness.