View Single Post
Old 5th November 2012, 10:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
Mentioned over in the purchase thread that I felt horror fans were becoming pampered and expected all the dvds to now be high-def quality and whined when they weren't.

A good and valid point was brought up that said if its out there than its not unreasonable to expect it. Which I can definitely see.

However when I grew up watching horror and managed to find the old bootlegs and the vhs i'd watched over and over again not once did I think if only I could see the zombies clearer or this film I love would be so much better in high def.

I still don't. I'll pick up blu rays(I have quite a few) when they are cheap or have superior extras but for my horror I'm not looking for pristine.

I like my Mill Creek comps with the VHS quality horror. It takes me back to a simpler time in my horror fandom.

Just wondering if anyone else feels that its gone too far and that the old quality still has a place ?
I think I've mentioned this when it came up on that other thread before, my feelings ares similar to yours.

Blu-ray, HD quality is something new for me, I have gone a bit mad with it though. My blu-ray collection has built up over the year, mainly when things are cheap. But I've always been reluctant to move on to new technology, this has been a relatively fast move for me. If it is cheap enough I'll buy the blu-ray otherwise I tend to just replace my favourites on blu-ray I will still purchase DVDs. My blu-ray player (well one of them) is excellent at upscaling though.

and if I really wanted a clear picture I would dig out my glasses.

I am attracted to shiny, pretty covers though.