View Single Post
Old 9th November 2012, 10:10 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Maniac (1980) - Amazing, absolutely amazing. Sleazey as hell, even more than New York Ripper IMO, but I personally don't look at it as a horror or a slasher. Spinell's amazing performance makes it like a compelling psychological drama or thriller. It leaves so much to mystery, with conclusions needing to be pieced together from Dialouge, like the fact that Franks mother was an abusive prostitute. Attention to detail was quite impressive too, as one only needs to looks at the things in a Franks apartment, like art and other items, including a piece of art on his door consisting of women's faces, with the eyes and mouths cut out. The BU blu ray has been on my want list for a while, but now its rocketed to the top.

Also the soundtrack was great, as was Savini's inventive demise.
I love Jay Chattaway's score and the overall sleaziness of the film. I'm waiting for the BU BD to arrive as well.

I also rate it higher than most slasher's mainly due to Spinnells performance, the subway scene is really well done, with the tension ratcheted to the max but I think the ending left a lot to be desired, one of the only downsides.

Sent from my Galaxy S 2 using Tapatalk 2