View Single Post
Old 9th November 2012, 11:26 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
I haven't posted for a while and have mainly forgotten what I have watched apart from two things yesterday, stuff I've had from Lovefilm and the one DVD I remember sticking on.

The Handmaid's Tale (1990) - because I couldn't be bothered to read the book, a nice film if you haven't read the book but I suspect the book is better.

Love On The Dole (1941) - great film, think pre kitchen sink realism, kitchen sink realism.

Repulsion (1965) - Great film but not my favourite Polanski. If I was considering the "Apartment Trilogy" The Tenant would be number 1 for me with this second.

The Killer Inside Me (2010) I wasn't sure what to expect but this was a fantastic film, certainly worth seeing.

Rivals (2000) - Made for TV true movie about a teenage girl getting caught up in a volatile relationship. Interesting story, acting is fine (although I usually prefer badly acted made for TV movies), on reflection it was really good.

Creepshow (1982) - I've seen it a million times but couldn't resist recording it as it was on a HD channel.

Beetlejuice (1988) - see above. I love Tim Burton but not really after Sleepy Hollow. I did like Sweeney Todd - A woman started discussing the film in Smiths as I was talking to my Grandad about it, she said there was more music in it than she expected, I said it was adapted from the Sondheim musical, she said there was still too much music. Anyway, I do also want to see Dark Shadows, has anyone seen it? if so, how did you like it? and have you ever watched the TV show?

The Night Child (1975) - I'm sure a lot of members will have watched this recently, fantastic film, I already want to watch it again.
'Repulsion' is pretty much my favourite film of all time. I think its depiction of madness and its onset is unparalleled.