View Single Post
Old 10th November 2012, 02:04 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

[QUOTE=Pete;291353]Any love for EXHUMED (aka POWERSLAVE in the USA)?

One of my favourite from the 90's, you play a soldier/marine (not quite sure tbh) and you have to wade through Egypt and rescue the mummified corpse of the God Ramses which has been stolen by Aliens intent on using as part of their plan to take over the world. You also need to find missing transmitter parts which are necessary if you want the good ending.

It's got great graphics (unlike most FPS from the period it uses a true 3D engine), the levels are well designed, there is nice array of weapons from the standard Pistol and Machine Gun to Mystical weapons like Mummy's staffs, the 'Ring of Ra' (which allows the player to summon fireballs). The controls are excellent - though if your used to modern shooters you may find using the 'D'-Pad a bit difficult to get used to.

It's worth noting that the earlier PC version (which I've never played) contains the same weapons, enemies and power-ups but completely different levels, which were designed using the Build engine previously used for DUKE NUKEM and BLOOD.

(not my screen grabs btw)

[/QUOTE

Loved this on SEGA SATURN.