View Single Post
Old 12th November 2012, 06:37 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
THE BEYOND. Fulci's delves deep into the occult in this film: water; tunnels; unearthly beings; corridors and the dissolving of the physical and spiritual self to be reborn as other are constant themes running throughout the film. As is the idea of the Abyss, here shown as 'the beyond', a place only those of purist spiritual intent are meant to explore as they travel up the Cabalistic Tree of Life to merge with God. Some never get that far, happy to spend their time playing in the slime that is the Qlipoth and the Tunnels of Set, some fall in, never to escape. Most never bother to take the first step. "The Beyond" in many ways echoes all the pitfalls and follies of the occult quest in all it's confusion, stupidity and beauty.
Really interesting take on it MTDS!
I always just saw the ending as Fulci's take on hell, the total absence of anything, for a guy like Fulci it seemed like the closest thing to hell for him! (at least from what I've read!)

Food for thought on the long day ahead, not going to be watching much today 9-5 shift at the store, walk to hospital for a 6:45 urology appointment, back home then back to work at 10pm to get ready for the midnight opening of call of duty black ops 2. Thank christ i'm not at work tomorrow cause i'm then working wednesday 6am-5pm.