View Single Post
Old 17th November 2012, 08:23 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
It's official:

***EXCLUSIVE "SUPER-SIZED" ANNOUNCE!***

The wait is over! We can now officially reveal some really cool and beloved horror classics from the 80s that will be coming from the "Factory" in 2013:

- THE FOG (1980): John Carpenter's seaside ghostly revenge flick with Adrienne Barbeau and Jamie Lee Curtis. New extras are in the works! First time on Blu-ray

- THE BURNING (1981): Summer Camp. Garden shears. Tom Savini effects. Need we say more? First time on Blu-ray

- THE HOWLING (1981): Joe Dante's ultimate werewolf pic with superb Rob Bottin effects. First time on Blu-ray.

- LIFEFORCE (1985): Tobe Hooper's space vampires and light-show extravaganza finally gets its first ever anamorphic widescreen presentation! First time on Blu-ray.

- NIGHT OF THE COMET (1984): Shopping and zombies highlight this post-Doomsday cult classic. First time on Blu-ray.

- DAY OF THE DEAD (1985): George Romero's splattery undead classic gets a new collector's edition with new extras.

A mostly good selection, though like funhouse, Day of the dead won't be a day one purchase for me as i'm perfectly happy with my arrow disc. Naturally I suspect most will be happy with THE BURNING. Sort of wish they had gone for either prince of darkness or in the mouth of madness for their next carpenter release but then the fog is with mgm just like most of the other releases.