View Single Post
Old 18th November 2012, 10:10 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I agree with you on that front, Argento has been one of my heroes for his pushing of boundaries and individuality, since I was introdeced to him by a friend when I was a teenager I have been in awe with his work, Im in my forties now and was rewatching Deep Red last night, he just does not seem to lose his magicical hold over me, same with Fulci. Right now whilst I type this I am listening to Goblin 'live' so he has broadended my horizons in many other areas not just film. It has been heartbreaking at times to see his work go down hill, but I have accepted that he is past his best and take whatever I can from his work now. More dissapointing than anything for me is the topic 'Dracula', its been done to death and he could of developed his own 'monster' or theme so that he would not be bench marked by so many against past representations. I am not saying I want something laughable or tacky from Argento, I meant we all love films that cover those areas thats why were on this forum, we embrace a diverse range of films. Lets hope we have at some point a swan song from him, its the least the maestro deserves eh?